Thursday, April 05, 2007

2007 Mount Hermon Conference

Here are my pictures from Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference, March 31 - April 3, 2007. I blogged about it here.

My agent, Wendy Lawton, who taught the career track with Janet Kobobel Grant, Karen Ball, and Sally Stuart.



Me, Tasra Dawson (she took my author pictures!), and Laura Christianson, a good blogging friend I met last year. All three of us took Ellie Kay's Media training track last year at Mount Hermon.



Me and John Leatherman, a fellow client of my agent, Wendy. John is totally fun to talk to!



These are the guys being silly late one night: Steve Laube, Jim Rubart, Randy Ingermanson, John Olson.







This is the agent panel at the Career Track: (L-R) Beth Jusino, Mary Beth Chappell, Janet Kobobel Grant, Terry Whalin, Steve Laube, Les Stobbe, Wendy Lawton.



We went to dinner at a restaurant on Santa Cruz pier, but there were 13 of us and only two cars. So we crammed--seven of us in Cyndy Salzmann's car.

Poor Jim Rubart was stuck in the hatchback trunk. You can see his head poking out over the top of the backseat. This is Suzie Eller, Vicki Tiede, and Jim.



...and Jenn Doucette and BJ Hamrick



And here's Cyndy driving.



Here was the other car. You might be able to pick out the 6 people crammed inside.



At the restaurant: Here we all are!

Sara Horn, BJ Hamrick, Jennifer Schuchmann, Jim Robart



Jenn Doucette, Cyndy Salzmann, Patti Hill



Jeanette Hanscome, Pamela Dowd, Sharon Hinck



Me, Suzie Eller, Vicki Tiede



Mary DeMuth and me. I love this woman!



Me, John Olson, Randy Ingermanson, Tasra Dawson



Me and Gayle Roper, one of my favorite people in the world.



Judy Gann and Janet Kobobel Grant (don't they look alike? Judy says people mistake her for Janet all the time)




Sherri Sand (Sharon's roommate), Sharon Hinck, Cindy Woodsmall, Beth Jusino



And this is...uh...Randy again.



Marci Seither and me. I'm laughing because she told another joke about her mammogram. The woman is a hoot!




Jim Rubart and me




Steve Laube and his new toy




Me, Cyndy Salzmann, Vicki Tiede



Lori Kincaid (my roommate two years ago), Charise Olson (a friend of mine who lives in the area), and me

11 comments:

Jenn Doucette said...

Hey Camy-Girl

Zipping along Santa Cruz with the carload of Mount Hermonites was definitely a highlight for me this year.

Can't wait for '08!

Jenn Doucette
p.s. I just ate a bug.

Tricia Goyer said...

Oh, man. Now I'm really bummed I didn't go.

My excuse (and a good one) was I was meeting my 85-year-old grandfather I'd never met before.

SERIOUSLY!

:-)Ronie said...

What *great* photos, Camy. I'm pea-green, now. I'm with Tricia, majorly bummed I couldn't go. Okay, so oh-eight, right????

Steven said...

Great photos Camy!

There is now visual evidence of the abuse heaped upon us at Mt. Hermon. The "get Jim and Steve to put their finger up their noses and then laugh" is proof positive that Randy and John are evil men disguised as brilliant scientists and writers.

The Bill Clinton doll was a "gift" from Dave Meurer. He wanted it to accompany the Jessie Ventura doll he gave me a couple years ago. (Not to mention his gourmet fruit cake gift.)

I am forever scarred.

It was great telling stories till the wee hours and laughing till our sides hurt. What a great group of friends.

It was also great to see the fabulous new cover design for your next book. I want to repeat my "prophecy" to you in a public forum. Camy, you are going to be overwhelmed by the wild success of your debut novel. God has richly blessed you with a gift of story telling and an enthusiasm for the power of the written word. Now we all get to stand back and watch it take off!

Steve

donna fleisher said...

And Steve is a guy who just so happens to know what he's talking about. Well, I trust him. ; )

Bill Clinton? I thought that was a Chip MacGregor doll.

Heather said...

I popped over here from Jennifer Schuchmann's blog, who also shared her story of the crammed car full of writers. Too fun!

I'm sure this is something Cyndy may put into one of her future novels -- something along the lines of crime and clutter.

Thanks for posting the photos, giving us armchair travelers a peek at all the fun we missed. :)

Laura Christianson said...

Great photos, Camy. It was so much fun seeing you again.

Laura
Exploring Adoption blog

Gina said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. Wish I could have been there, but as an unpubbed author I can only afford 1 conference a year!!! How does a girl choose??

Karen said...

Camy, you must be the Mount Hermon picture queen! My camera lost the competition for my hands to buffet lines, apple-munching, note-taking, and hand-shaking and gesturing during conversation with my new friends.

Four of us--intrepid driver Jill Hart, Donna Shepherd, Jolene Philo, and me--tooled to Santa Cruz Sunday evening on a girl-trip. We paused roadside for sequoia photos, puzzling over the fearless mountain bikers. Once we arrived at the beach, we hiked through the boardwalk. Our crew ambled across the sand taking more pictures. Down at the shore's edge, a wave sneaked up on us and soaked the hem of Jolene's jeans. Didn't do her tennis shoes much good either. We adjourned to the pier for dinner in a quiet restaurant, where we admired the sunset glow over the sand and sea.

I hope to post my few photos on myspace and shoutlife some time this weekend; check my sky-high view blogspot for the links.

You looked like you were having so much fun at the conference! I'm sorry we didn't meet, but maybe next time.

Tanya said...

You just put me totally at ease! I'm going to Blue Ridge (sister conference of Glorietta) in a few weeks and was nervous about the dress code. They said "casual" but I didn't believe them. Thanks for the proof! Looks like you had an awesome time. :)

Mary said...

Wow, neat seeing pics of people I keep hearing about! What a conference, would love to make it one fine day...

Thanks for posting all the pics!

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin