Sunday, August 05, 2007

2007 Oregon Conference

I had a great week in Oregon (July 30th through August 4th)! I taught at the Oregon Christian Writer's Conference--it was my first time teaching!

My first workshop on "What is Chick Lit?" went okay ... I talked WAY too fast and I didn't have as much information as I thought I had, so I ended after only 20 minutes! Luckily, I had a few friends in the room like Donna Fleisher and Judy Gann, who asked questions and made comments, and we kept the conversation flowing until almost the end of the hour. I ended only 5 or 10 minutes early.

My second workshop on "Internet Marketing for the HTML-Challenged" went really well, partly because I'd already done one workshop, partly because I had more content for this workshop, and partly because my friend Robin Parrish sat in on the class and was able to make some comments.

Karen Ball (B&H) and Chip MacGregor (agent)

These are pics from my very first class on Chick Lit!





Me and Ernie Wenk, who picked me up at the airport to take me to the conference. Ernie's way cool.

These are pics from my second class on internet marketing.


Me and Tami Meier, who was picked up at the airport with me. She's totally nice.


Me with Sherrie Ashcraft and her daughter Christina Berry. These two ladies are fabulous!

Donna took me to Tillamook and we visited the cheese factory!






My first view of the Oregon Coast.



We drove up and down the coast on Friday.












I saw whales! It's hard to see anything b/c my camera has too much of a lag time so I missed a pic of the tail above the water.

















I saw sea lions!








8 comments:

Pammer said...

These pics are awesome!!

donna fleisher said...

I second dat! : )

Christina Berry said...

Thanks for the kind words! How did I not know you had another blog over here?!?

Patricia W. said...

Great pics! I've never seen the West Coast beyond the Santa Monica beach.

donna fleisher said...

Quick note: even though Camy loved the cheese factory and unashamedly took a photo of the plastic cow and her calf ... she did not -- and I repeat -- she did not like the smell of Tillamook. You know. Real cows. Lots of them. Dairy farm country. Miles and miles of it. Yep.

But the ice cream was outrageously delicious. : )

Melissa said...

Glad to see you liked my area of the country. Although it's not good you posted such gorgeous pictures because we like to keep it kind of a secret!

LivingforGod said...

Those are great pictures! We live in Oregon and we have visited most of those places. I've posted similar pictures on my blog :).

By the way, I'm having an International Blog Day Giveaway on my blog. If interested, please visit http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/servingtheKingofkings/ for details.

Anonymous said...

These are great pics! They make me miss home.

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin