Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Brainstorming in North Carolina

I was invited to a brainstorming weekend in North Carolina in early November. It was six of us: me, Lynette Eason, Pamela (Pammer) James, Jennifer Hudson Taylor, Missy Tippens, Cheryl Wyatt.

We got to stay at his rustic cabin (read: no internet, no long-distance calls, no cell phone service). It was the perfect place to brainstorm together and write!

I flew into Illinois, and Cheryl and I drove down to North Carolina. While I was at Cheryl's place, she got her Steeple Hill Love Inspired book club shipment, and guess what was in it? Her debut novel, A Soldier’s Promise!

These are Pammer's kids, Shadow and Gregory. They and their grandpa drove Pammer to Cheryl's house. Aren't they handsome? They're very gentlemanlike boys, let me tell ya.

Me, Pammer, and Cheryl went to meet a friend of Cheryl's in Spartanburg, South Carolina. Afterwards, we met Lynette before driving to the cabin. Before we set off, we had a DELICIOUS bite to eat at the Mellow Mushroom. BEST mushroom pizza I've had yet! The decor was totally 70s and very cool!

Driving through North Carolina

Okay, yes, I'm a dork. We went to Fat Buddies (in Franklin, North Carolina) and I had one of the best racks of baby back ribs I've ever eaten.

We stopped by Dalton's Christian Bookstore after Fat Buddies and I got to sign stock. It was really cool talking to a bookstore owner. They were gearing up for Christmas at the time.

These are the woods in the back of the cabin. Aren't they gorgeous?


















There are more pictures here:

Lynette's blog
Jennifer's blog

1 comment:

M. C. Pearson said...

So, you went to North Carolina and didn't see me?! LOL...looks like you had a blast though. :-)

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin